Expect Greater Things

Apparently, I was wrong, here, about my sign-up bonus and the Kohl’s card. Not about having it or using it.. but about it being free.

There seems to be no tracking record or $10 sign-up bonus. My $5 sign-up bonus, it says, is pending. I was offered the Holiday Bonus, of $10, for spending $10, by 12/31/2008.

I went to target.com.. ordered two books, that I was already going to buy, as a gift, and used a $10 gift card, I already had. The rebate, for target.com, at the time, was doubled, too.

Hopefully, I only paid $6 out-of-pocket, including shipping, right now.

Ebates says that I’m pending the Holiday $10 bonus. We’ll see how this goes..

A few months ago, when I signed up with Ebates, I basically purchased a $10 Kohl’s gift card, for free. The promotion promoted me the same $10.

Yesterday, in the mail, I received a $10 Kohl’s Gift Card.

It says that it can be combined with any other offers, but the $10 will be applied prior to percent-off total purchase discounts.

So, I’m going shopping.

At Ebates, they are currently offering Double Cash Back. That’s 6% at Overstock.com and HSN. 8% at Barnes and Noble and Borders. I’m going to shop for gifts, for the holidays, anyway. I’m choosing to save, more, by letting someone give me something back.

Barnes and Noble is also offering a 15% off member coupon and a 10% off coupon, for non-members. All orders over $25 have fast and free delivery, too! I’m so there. I wonder if I can use the 15% off coupon, that came in the mail, at the store, too. Hmmm

For my local stores, I can go to Ebates and buy gift cards. No one gives me a percentage back on my cash.

I already plan to go to, or shop at, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, Hallmark, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Home Depot, Joann.com, Kohl’s, and Sears. There are many Mall stores, listed, too. These are on the wish lists that I have, from others.

I’ve purchased from many stores, not knowing I could have saved, if I had started with a couple extra clicks. Stores like Itunes, Dell Outlet, Avon, HSN, NewEgg, Office Depot, Old Navy, Oriental Trading Company, PetSmart, QVC, Pur Minerals, Radio Shack, Quill, half.com, (text books!) and Priceline.

If you plan to need a rental car of overnight accomodations, there are so many on the list.

FTD has a 10% cash back and a coupon for 10% off holiday centerpieces. I wouldn’t usually use FTD.com, but that’s 20%!

I <3 Proflowers. I’ve been using and receiving ProFlowers for many years. They also give 10% via Ebates. There are many promotional coupons related to the holidays. The flowers, from this place, come straight from the plant grower. They have amazed me. Their customer service is fantastic. They’ve refunded anything that had any problems. One shipment of a dozen roses, had 12 stems and 11 roses.. they completely refunded it. The eleven were absolutely fantastic, though.

As a shopper, I will check Ebates everytime they need to buy something.

Signing up is easy. They’ll even give you $5 for it.

3 Responses to Expect Greater Things
  1. Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com
    November 11, 2008 | 1:18 am

I just posted a link today for a bonus $10 for CURRENT users.

Not sure if it will work for everyone, but try it and see. You may be able to get another
    $10 free.

2. Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com
    November 11, 2008 | 9:51 pm

Heidi,

IF you purchased the $10 Gift Card from Kohl’s and was offered a $10 sign on bonus from someone ( whose site did you click the link ? ), and you did NOT get credit..you can get manual credit.

I have to get manual credit periodically with all different companies.

First, you need to submit to Ebates the day you signed up and then made your purchase. As long as your purchas was BEFORE the $10 sign on bonus expired, they should give you credit.

If you know whose link you signed up thru, go back to that person and they should have their original link to the $10 hopefully that you can then use as back up.

Let me know if you need any help.

November 13, 2008 | 1:46 pm

Hi Carrie. Thank you, for this information. I hope that I can figure this out, despite my hard drive crash. I emailed you about this.

Trackback URL http://fromthecheapseatz.com/2008/11/07/expect-greater-things/trackback/

Expect Greater Things

Hopefully, I only paid $6 out-of-pocket, including shipping, right now.

Ebates says that I’m pending the Holiday $10 bonus. We’ll see how this goes..

Yesterday, in the mail, I received a $10 Kohl’s Gift Card.

So, I’m going shopping.

As a shopper, I will check Ebates everytime they need to buy something.

Signing up is easy. They’ll even give you $5 for it.

3 Responses to Expect Greater Things
  1. Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com
    November 11, 2008 | 1:18 am

I just posted a link today for a bonus $10 for CURRENT users.

$10 free.

2. Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com
    November 11, 2008 | 9:51 pm

Heidi,

I have to get manual credit periodically with all different companies.

Let me know if you need any help.

November 13, 2008 | 1:46 pm