Saturday 9

In the odd case that you are sick of my Meme’s, over at CarolinaDreamz, I thought I’d drop one here. :) You can thank me later. *giggle*

1. Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

The Beach. There is something about the renewing of spirit, that I seem to find.. there.

IMG_3331

2. What would be one thing that would embarrass you a great deal?

Only my kids seems to embarrass me. Especially, when they were little. One time, at the grocery store.. my son, who was about ummm 8, I think.. was yelling, to me, from the other side of the produce department. It started innocently. “Momma, do you need limes?” (we do eat a lot of limes, in my house, but..) I replied, “No, honey, not today.”

But that wasn’t good enough.

“Momma, do you need some limes for your tequila?”

WTH? “No. Mommy doesn’t drink Tequila.” “yes, you do.” came the reply.

Now I’m mortified, because it simply wasn’t true.

But, it was the other ladies, in the produce department, that made me want to just die.

One said, “little sponges..”

:\

So, it would probably not be hard to embarrass me.. but there isn’t much, that my own children, haven’t already accomplished.

3. What values did your parents instill in you?

I was raised, mostly, by my Grandma. Grandma instilled integrity in me. I have failed to keep her “never complain” part.. even in a lot of pain.. she really never complained. But, Grandma was honest. She would tell dirty jokes, but she would only spell the punch lines. That was funnier than the joke. :)

4. What’s a fad of your teen years that you remember well?

Jelly shoes, culottes, leg warmers, mary-janes, vans, feathered hair, big plastic beads necklaces, members only jackets, swatch, sun-in, NEON, pac man, hair crimping, tails, mohawks, break dancing, parachute pants, penny loafers, argyle socks, MTV with music videos.. I am an 80’s teen. :)

5. What is your favorite breakfast?

Old Fashioned Oatmeal with butter, brown sugar, and milk or cream.

6. What is the best birthday gift that you have received?

When I turned 21, I was in the EM Club, at NTC, San Diego. At midnight, we all paraded up, to the front, and I got my “over” bracelet” put on my other wrist. My friend, Miles, then said, “I’ll buy your first drink, what are you drinking? I said, “7-up.”

I don’t think that material things have been better than having those friends… who didn’t judge me.. and still let me be part of their group.

7. What gadget could you not live without?

My laptop.

8. Do you collect anything?

Recipes, Mortar and Pestles, Fabric, Vintage Spools of Thread, Vintage Suitcases, Vintage Keys..

9. What website (non-blog) do you regularly visit?

Zaar, baby!

Play along, with Saturday 9, here.

***
I do have real things, to blog about.. and I will get to it. But, I’ve been sleeping, more, lately, and that’s a good thing. .. so please bare with me.

5 Responses to Saturday 9
  1. Paula
    February 21, 2009 | 1:59 pm

Ah yes the beach!

2. Bud Weiser, WTIT
    February 21, 2009 | 5:18 pm

You sure you’re not a closet tequila drinker? :)

February 22, 2009 | 9:12 am

LOL Not anymore? I gave it up with Trivial Pursuit. :)

4. Kitten
    February 22, 2009 | 3:05 pm

Oh dear God, I remember jellies! My mother never let me wear them, though…I held it against her for a tres long time.

And the beach…oh, the beach inspires me, too. Sadly, our fair state of Connecticut isn’t really known for its beaches. Gimme the Jersey Shore ANY day!

February 22, 2009 | 3:30 pm

I probably owned a pair of jellies, because I remember the pain. I really didn’t like the way everyone, who wore them, had such dirty feet. *giggle*

I’ve never been beyond Central/West NJ or anywhere north/east of there.. I’m a New England Virgin, although I’ve driven through almost every other state in the continental US.

There is NO comparison, to me, of Atlantic Beaches to Southern Cali. :) I was spoiled, growing up, and I didn’t even know it. I didn’t know what I didn’t know.

I used to have a bumper sticker, on the inside of my locker, in high school, “There is NO life East of I-5″ *sigh*

Thanks for the comment.

Trackback URL http://fromthecheapseatz.com/2009/02/21/saturday-9/trackback/

Saturday 9

1. Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?

IMG_3331

2. What would be one thing that would embarrass you a great deal?

But that wasn’t good enough.

“Momma, do you need some limes for your tequila?”

WTH? “No. Mommy doesn’t drink Tequila.” “yes, you do.” came the reply.

Now I’m mortified, because it simply wasn’t true.

One said, “little sponges..”

:\

3. What values did your parents instill in you?

4. What’s a fad of your teen years that you remember well?

5. What is your favorite breakfast?

Old Fashioned Oatmeal with butter, brown sugar, and milk or cream.

6. What is the best birthday gift that you have received?

7. What gadget could you not live without?

My laptop.

8. Do you collect anything?

9. What website (non-blog) do you regularly visit?

Zaar, baby!

Play along, with Saturday 9, here.

***

5 Responses to Saturday 9
  1. Paula
    February 21, 2009 | 1:59 pm

Ah yes the beach!

2. Bud Weiser, WTIT
    February 21, 2009 | 5:18 pm

You sure you’re not a closet tequila drinker? :)

February 22, 2009 | 9:12 am

LOL Not anymore? I gave it up with Trivial Pursuit. :)

4. Kitten