And the Ketchup goes into BBQ Sauce..

My vertigo is much better, most of the time, if I don’t sit.

So, I made this awful ketchup recipe that we all hated. I guess I would call it fancy. I saved it. I will try it, again, cold. I redid it, with ingredients we can live with (and were listed on the back of the organic ketchup bottle, in my refrigerator!)

So, I made ketchup. (and it didn’t suck!)

HM Ketchup

And then I used that ketchup to make HM BBQ Beef and Chicken Sammiches!

BBQ Sammiches

All of them served on HM Bunz! (and they didn’t suck! :) )

3 Responses to And the Ketchup goes into BBQ Sauce..
  1. Heather @ Not a DIY Life
    October 4, 2009 | 3:25 pm

Woohoo! Good for you! I need to tackle homemade ketchup as well. I don't like it (that's putting it mildly) but Hubby loves it. I don't like all the ick that they put in regular ketchup, for one thing. I call it "embalming fluid." Maybe I'll feel better about Hubby eating it if it doesn't have all the crap.

2. Sandru
    July 28, 2014 | 5:39 pm

should last a few months at least but a presofsfional would tell you not to use it after a few weeks at best. Mold can grow around the lip of the container even if lots of vinegar. If you are going to properly bottle it then it could last much longer and won’t require refrigeration. Google canning (jars) its actually easy but be sure to follow directions.

• CarolinaDreamz
      September 23, 2014 | 7:02 pm

Thank you for your comment. I’m sorry it took so much time to moderate. It was stuck in the midst of a bunch of spam. I’m a canning jar nut. Canning it not a problem. Freezing it in a canning jar is an idea, too. I don’t make it much since my health declined, but I miss it, so I’ll try to get a batch made up. TFR ~Heidi

Trackback URL http://fromthecheapseatz.com/2009/09/25/ketchup-goes-into-bbq-sauce/trackback/

And the Ketchup goes into BBQ Sauce..

My vertigo is much better, most of the time, if I don’t sit.

So, I made ketchup. (and it didn’t suck!)

HM Ketchup

And then I used that ketchup to make HM BBQ Beef and Chicken Sammiches!

BBQ Sammiches

All of them served on HM Bunz! (and they didn’t suck! :) )

3 Responses to And the Ketchup goes into BBQ Sauce..
  1. Heather @ Not a DIY Life